Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Unexpected Blessing


Here's my story (As I'm sure that many can relate) : I was 22 years old at the time I found out I was having a child. My son's mother and I had been dating for sometime but we did not become an official item until after our child was conceived. So needless to say, we did not reach the point of our relationship where we afforded the time to sit and discuss the possibilities of us raising a family together. When I first found out she was pregnant my initial reactions were confusion,doubt and worry but my son's mother couldn't tell, on the surface I remained calm about the entire situation. I told her that I was going to be supportive of her ultimate decision since I was not a 100% sure if we should have kept the baby or not. Well, I kept my promise and I now have the honor of being a proud father to my wonderful baby boy. Being a father for me I think is extra special since my father passed away when I was only a one year old; I sit and think about how excited and overjoyed he must have been as I am and then only to have his life taken. I must admit though that this new path my life is on is exactly as difficult as my mom,brother and other family members warned me it would be. Issues ranging from problems with my son's mother to being financially strapped were some of the problems I faced while learning how to be a father.

This is where I would like to open the forum for opinions and experiences with dealing with an unexpected pregnancy. I would like to hear some helpful hints,advice, and/or personal experiences on how you or somebody you know is dealing with a child that is on its way or here already but was not planned for. Thanks

P.S Feel free to say whatever is on your mind, There are no critics...

2 comments:

  1. wow YOU ARE SO SPECIAL BABE!! YOUR THE BEST FATHER MARC CAN HAVE..U HAVE DONE EVERYTHING U CAN DO..CUZ OF U WE MADE IT ON OUR HARDEST TIMES N THATS Y IM "FOREVER GRATEFUL" FOR YOU... LOVE YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i have to say, this made me cry boyy!

    ReplyDelete